Monday, October 18, 2004

It's Autumn in New York

This same time during my freshman year at Lehigh I was in love with a CD I borrowed from a friend. It was some compilation of Ella Fitzgerald standards, not my most likely choice. I fell in love to the CD, though, and wish I had at least it to listen to today. The song still plays in my head, and I must say, that semester I never thought the words to the song would be the only thing that would come to fruition.

Suprised as I might be, sans soundtrack, I'm falling in love with New York. So here I am and, well, I'm going to leave it to the lyricist (despite the blatant plagerism) to say it better than I could, and recommend the complete verison with Ella and Louis' voices to haunt you enough that 4 years from now, you may just end up living in New York, too.

Autumn in New York
Why does it seem so inviting
Autumn in New York
It spells the thrill of first-nighting

glittering crowds and shimmering clouds
In canyons of steel

They're making me feel - I'm home

It's autumn in New York
That brings the promise of new love
Autumn in New York
Is often mingled with pain

Dreamers with empty hands
They sigh for exotic lands
It's autumn in New York

It's good to live it again



Oh, yeah, and admittedly, while I'm at it -- welcome to my new web log. I've just figured for awhile that there was already enough info. on the web, why add to the chaos without purpose. Purposeless as it may be, I have thoughts and fortunately I know people who'd like to read them. thanks for tuning in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home