Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Good times never seemed so good

For now, here's the last few days in review:

- Thursday: Cooked Mexican with friends, including one who not only make a mean salsa, he also fixes dressers. The salsa man also showed us to the club in the basement of the bar at the back of the restaurant a.k.a Fez for some fantastic Jazz by the Mingus Big Band.

- Friday: It's tough to rival Thursday's evening, Death Cab for Cutie played a pretty good show, but being surrounded by pre-highschoolers definitely made me feel old. Spending the night scrambling to find a plan for Boston wasn't all that exciting either, but fortunately I had company to liven things up.

-Saturday: I never expected that I'd be able to say this, so while I don't like to boast much, today I went to the World Series. The 7 year old me would have meant literally and as a player, but being in the grandstands at Fenway far exceeded my expectations. There was an entire fiasco in getting there, which I don't want to touch. Lessons learned, however, and my advice: only use the phone and not the internet to rent a car. There is a reason everyone has a credit card - get one. If you don't know the neighborhood, take a cab or a big friend. Yogurt and writing don't mix. Don't plan on wearing flipflops outdoors in New England past October. On the positive side: Go to a game at Fenway Park in your lifetime. F --- the Cardinals sounds great in a Boston accent. Just because your team loses doesn't mean you can't have fun. Learning to curve it around the pole is an art worth mastering. The monster really is big.

-Sunday: Seafood on the Harbor, Faniel Hall, and generous doses of my favorite thing: trees - and in spectra color. Doesn't really replace the loss I feel for not getting to see my brainchild in action without my brain (therefore much improved). But making it to Spooktacular from Beantown was 6 hours that didn't exist in any day.

Sure I could use more sleep (why I'm home now), but I can't deny the fun. Grand thanks goes out to the three wonderful people who each in their individual ways went above and beyond to make the weekend come together - glad to call you friends.


Today's Song: The Sox have a penchant for Neil Diamond's Sweet Caroline (anyone know why?) But today I'm a fan of Carolina boy Ben Folds' Don't Change Your Plans.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home