Saturday, August 27, 2005

to a see saw

Maybe it's that I have time to think. I know I have time. I know it's the moment when I'm driving at night in my car. Alone. As I come down from the benches I watch the yellow lights over the valley twinkle across the broad open space. I roll down the windows letting the summer's night air loosen the day. I listen to soulful music and sing along. I pause, shift, and think. I make facial expressions as though someone is watching me and they might understand what's in my mind simply by looking, and then cry out with the pangs in the music. I bring my hands to me head, or my eyes or my cheek. A drama being played out to the theatre of my windshield, and my thoughts. I watch in the windows as I drive through the neighborhoods. Broken up by speedbumps and stop signs I peer into the lights inside.

My thought on the houses, the neighborhoods or the city lights are fleeting. They're about what was, what is, what will be and why, how. like everyone's alone thoughts, I imagine. There's more here, but it's not alone when it's on the blog, and the mood's set by the music, the car, the night, and of course the facial expressions. But you'll never know, because they're only alone thoughts. Now it's time for the all to quick and trite sum-up sentences. Maybe time and thoughts will collide someday, or maybe I'll just arrive at my destination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home