Tuesday, October 26, 2004

de fault of New York

(length in two entrys attempting to compensate for missed days. Complaints or kudos? Post comments.)
Random:
People walk faster, they expect mail the next day, they're too busy to take lunch and even have it delivered, they lift their hand and a car appears to take them where they want to go - these people are New Yorkers. From the outside they seemed like work-a-holics, but observed closely, I have found they're just time misers. I know it sounds like a synonym for the impatient, but it's the best way to describe how the sense of wasted time is inherent in the soul of these people. They understand how one must get the most out of each moment when there are as many potential options as exist in New York.

Here I sit, typing at a computer in my apartment. A fast paced New Yorker I am not. However, I have been attempting to take advantage of a few of the wonderful array of things to do here in the city ... and on the East Coast. Maybe the best part of having so many things you could be doing is knowing that what you usually do is never just your default, but a conscious choice of action, or in this evenings case - inaction. Without being my normal verbose self, I'll just sum up the events since I last wrote, in another blog entry for some visual variety, and given that they were all extremely awesome and in one case, an opportunity of a lifetime - they deserve more in print, and maybe I'll get to that.

Random Fun:
This amused me while I was at work - determine your own election outcome, find out if your vote really might count, or just use it as a resource when placing your bets on the tight race.
http://www.nytimes.com/packages/html/politics/2004_ELECTIONGUIDE_GRAPHIC/



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home